Welcome. My name is Amanda Perl and I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor, Psychotherapist, CBT, DBT Practitioner and Supervisor. Fully insured. BUPA, AXA PPP, Aviva and Cigna Healthcare Provider. DBS Certificate holder. Call or text +44 (0)7976 545775 email [email protected] or click here.
Offering a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space where you can share and explore present and past experiences, express thoughts and feelings gaining personal awareness, enjoy a better quality of life, robust mental health, improved well-being and positive relationships with friends, parents, siblings, children and work.
“Life begins on the other side of despair” Jean-Paul Sartre.
I believe each of us is unique with the potential for growth and development and can move forward in our own way. Your motivation to change and our client-therapist relationship provides a space for healing.
- MSc Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Advanced (Integrative) Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision, British Psychological Society
- Group Psychotherapy
- Couple Therapy
- Work Related Stress (Interview Metro on How to Help a CoWorker with Depression)
- Eating Disorders & Nutrition (Interview Happiful Magazine on Eating Disorder Stereotypes)
- Fitness Trackers and Eating Disorders (Interview Tech Radar)
- CBT for Depression
- Managing Depression (Interview Metro)
- Relationship Breakups Depression (Interview Metro)
- Anxiety Integrated Approach (Interview Grazia on unusual stress and anxiety symptoms)
- Anger Management
- Emotional Abuse (Interview BBC Trending)
- Trauma (Resilience, Secondary Trauma and Post-Trauma Growth)
- Mindset (sports psychology)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Personality Disorders
- Managing Exam Results stress and anxiety [teenagers] (Interview Prima Magazine)
- University Student Issues (Interview Study International)
- Schema Therapy
- Gender and Sexuality
- Addictive Thinking, Drugs & Alcohol, Gambling, Internet, Gaming, Porn,
- Intuitive Recovery
- Equality and Diversity
- Prejudice, racism, antisemitism and discrimination
- Change Management
- Discourse Analysis
- Life Coaching
Supervisor. CPD Trainer.
Former University Lecturer, Forensic Psychology and Counselling. Course Lead and Tutor Stage 4 BACP Accredited Gold Standard Counselling Diploma, Clinical Lead, Team leader, Group Facilitator, Domestic Violence Lead, Trainer, Developer and Lead on Transtheoretical and Structured Day care programmes. Substance Misuse and Alchohol Recovery Service Programmes provided for London Boroughs. Outpatient Department delivering long-term Psychotherapy at the Department of Psychotherapy & Art Psychotherapy. Focus on Personality Disorders including Borderline, Narcissistic, Antisocial, Histrionic and Obsessive. Jointly commissioned third sector Charity/NHS and Dual Diagnosis Service e.g., bipolar, schizophrenia. Training in therapeutic relationship, group dynamics, facilitation and interventions including harm reduction delivered to Probation and associated Offender Services within the Criminal Justice System.
My philosophy is Humanistic-Existential and Person-Centred. Integrating interventions that best suit you including Transactional Analysis, Schema Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), recommended under the NICE Guidelines, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Psychodynamic, Systemic, Transpersonal and Gestalt alongside Mindfulness.
“Existential therapists do not pamper their clients” Emmy Van Deurzen
The role of the existential psychotherapist is to help the client focus on personal responsibility for making decisions.
Alongside clinical work I also offer coaching, management training, supervision and continuing professional development (“CPD”) workshops in a variety of interventions and specialist interest topics including attachment in relationships, trauma, memory, substance misuse, anxiety, anger, personality disorders and disordered eating.
Registered / Accredited
Call or text +44 (0)7976 545775 email [email protected] or click here.